So I've run into this twice now and have to write it down so I don't forget (or at least so future-me can google myself). We were using a standard AWS Elastic Load Balancer (ELB) to serve traffic to our API. The API is served from IIS webservers via 80/443. ELB is not checking back-end cert authenticity. (the servers have a self-signed cert) We're trying to move toward more of a farming approach to servers vs. pets, and so decided to spin up a batch of new servers and migrate them over using the very fabulous Route 53 traffic policies. It worked great! Until humans got involved. Since this is a new thing, I built one, tested it, then built the rest. For whatever reason a seemingly minor change I made didn't make it back into the repo, and so the other 3 servers were built using the non-fixed configuration. We noticed in New Relic that of the four servers, only one was doing any heavy lifting - the other 3 were receiving almost the same amount of requests.
Showing posts from October, 2016
- Other Apps